Pinterest

]

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Large Block Quilt

I have wanted to make a large block quilt for forever -- forever finally arrived and I completed one.  I used the pattern from Camille Roskelley's book "Simply Retro" and made this fun and boyish Churn Dash block from her pattern "Baby Love".  It's simple, one large block!  Fast, easy and fun.  Simply put, I don't think you have to spend hours piecing to come up with something cute for a new addition to the family or for a gift.




The skull print completes the back.


I quilted it with a loopy allover quilting -- kind of like a scribble and love it!  The texture is awesome -- it's perfect!!

Fabrics used in this quilt are from the line "Treasure Map" for Riley Blake Designs.  What little boy wouldn't love some little boats and skulls!  Fabric (and kits) are available in my etsy shop.




I have another one in mind to make using some yardage from April Showers using another one of Camille's patterns -- and can hardly wait, but right now I am getting caught up on quilting for customers and sewing!  Enjoy your weekend!

Evie~

No comments:

Post a Comment