Pinterest

]

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The latest craze!


I try and read several quilter's blogs so I can follow what is going on in the quilting world.  They inspire me, teach me new things and help me reach outside of the box myself as we all get stuck in a rut sometimes of not feeling creative enough! 

I noticed this week that the latest craze is called "Jelly Roll Jam" which is a pattern put out by Fat Quarter Shop -- and it's free!  We will have some copies available at our open house on Saturday ;o)  We have many of the fabrics pictured below in our shop -- or similar designs.  Or, reach outside of your box and use something you love!  A Moda jelly roll will make 2 baby quilts ... which means a Riley Blake rolie polie would make 1 baby quilt -- my head is spinning with the ideas! 


Photo taken from diary of a quilter
Fabric - Baby Jane


Photo taken from a quilting life
Fabric - Giggles

Photo taken from latimer lane
  
Photo taken from p.s. i quilt
Fabric - BoHo
 We may even have one of our own made up for our Open House on Saturday -- hmmm, 4 more days and counting -- what about a cute table topper from Kate Spain's In From the Cold or Posh Pumpkin for the upcoming holidays? Camp A Lot, Gracie Girl or Too Cute to Spook?  Oh my goodness!!!  BRAIN PLEASE STOP THINKING AND FOCUS -- WOULD YOGA HELP?

Tell you what -- come on Saturday and see if there is a surprise made out of this pattern in our shop!!!

Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment