Pinterest

]

Friday, September 27, 2013

String Quilt Completed


At our last Quilt Therapy Day I demonstrated a couple of methods for making string quilts.  It is so much easier than it looks and promises beautiful results.  I finished the center and inside border and turned it over to my mom to finish the scrappy inner border and outside border so I could get the top finished before our open house.  It was beautiful!  I loaded it on the quilting machine, worked until 4:00 a.m. (yes you heard me -- I just couldn't stop) and had it completed in time.  I LOVE this quilt and plan on starting another one very soon.  

String Quilt using lots and lots of scraps . . .
It's my fav!
I used a solid piece of fabric for the backing as the front was busy enough.  I am so pleased with how the quilting turned out ... I freehanded it all!



And if you want to try one ... we have scrap bags for sale to get you started.  Come by and take a look at it personally.  It did sell at the Open House but it will be displayed for a while longer! 

Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment