Pinterest

]

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Chevy Daze for a baby girl

This week I pieced together and quilted a Chevy Daze pattern for a customer. She was giving it as a gift today at a baby shower.  This fabric is "Spring House" by Moda.  It is so soft and feminine.  Rather than just quilt the Chevron in the center, I added a little ruffly border to each one.  Love the way it turned out.  If you look close you can see it on the back. 

Chevy Daze Pattern by Olie & Evie
 
I love flowers too -- see my sweet hollyhock in the background -- matches perfect.
 

It started raining right when I was ready to take pictures or I would have tried to get a better close up of the front.  Being it turned into a rainy day here I spent more time in my quilting room and straightening the shop some.  We have this sweet little vintage wooden ironing board that we are using for a display.  Thought I would share a picture of it -- matches the Mimi yardage perfect.



Vintage ironing board stacked with quilts, fat quarters, jelly rolls and yardage.
Scrap baskets on the floor as well as a cute yellow bucket filled with Sasparilla fat quarter bundles.

I think I am going to sit down tonight, put my feet up and do some stitching.  These patterns for dish towels came in this week and I can't wait to make one up.  Which one would you make?  Animal Stackers or Fresh Picked, I love them both. Hmmmm.....

Animal Stackers

Fresh Picked

Happy sewing or stitchin' or whatever you are doing this weekend!

Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment