Pinterest

]

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Holiday Open House


Wow -- I'm really on a blogging roll lately!  (If only I could keep it up -- but I know what this month has in store for Olie & Evie).  And while we are on that note, I have a great big HUGE announcement.  Rumor has it word is already spreading around town -- that would be the town of Lewisville, Idaho -- that there is going to be a HUGE Holiday Open House.  Yep, the rumors are true, and here is the flyer to prove it. 


So, there you have it ladies.  A Holiday Open House at the Lewisville Community Center.  There will be lots of seating and best of all air conditioning in case the weather is really warm.  And if it's cold, well an even better reason to come on out and join us.  Beginning at 10:00 a.m. Tiffany Jenkins of Tiny Seamstress Designs is going to WOW us by showing off her designs in a trunk show.  Patterns are great, but there is nothing like seeing the finished project in person. 

I (Evie) will be doing demonstrations at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m. (and probably any time in between that). You are thinking what is she going to demo?  Well, I hate to ruin the surprise, but I will be showing you how to use the Quick Curve Ruler created by Sew Kind of Wonderful that will change your life!  And if that isn't enough, I will be showing you some brand new rulers for half square triangles (and other quilting designs) that will change your life forever!  I am serious -- you will be really impressed and won't want to miss it.  And last but not least, I will be doing a fun demonstration for a quick table runner (or however big you want to make it).  And another hint -- I will have precuts for new fabric lines introduced at International Quilt Market that you won't see in stores until September/October ;o) 

Quilts will be on display that I have made for the holidays -- and just for fun.  Okay ... so you still need another reason to come out!  Well, Danielle Andrews of Antique Recreation will be there with items for display and purchase.  If you have not seen Danielle's work you will want to find out who she is.  This woman can seriously take any old item and bring it back to life!  She is amazing and I am always looking for a project for her to do for me because she's that good.  So if you are in the mood for a new piece of furniture or some cool decoration you will want to stop by. 

We will be at the Community Center from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday.  So just to recap ... Trunk Show, demos, notions, patterns, fabric, quilt kits, furniture and decorations .... (and don't forget drawings and prizes)! 

Okay I've put it all out there but I still have one more card to play ... my sister, Julie, has offered to help me with the refreshments.  Well that should start your mouth watering right there!  Cookies, cakes, who knows what else she might come up with ...

I think that's all.  See you on the 26th! 

Evie~


No comments:

Post a Comment