Pinterest

]

Monday, December 2, 2013

Last month of the year....

.. it can't possibly be December already!!!  I know Thanksgiving was last week, I quilted .... and I'm still quilting .... and probably will be quilting until Christmas Eve!!!  I go to work, come home and quilt or maybe sit and bind, my house is a mess, barely keeping up on the laundry, no Christmas decorations up ... and my fingers are sore ... but I am loving it!  Every time someone picks up a quilt and are happy with it I get all warm and fuzzy inside.  I want to share pictures, but they are gifts that my customers have worked hard on and I can't ruin their surprises.  We are working hard, I am giving Olie a new nickname -- "The Mug Rug Queen"!  She is making the cutest mug rugs and they seem to sale just as fast as she gets them done.

We have not completed class calendars for next year, but do have the following confirmed:

January 7th - our next beginning quilting class starts.  This class will be held in Idaho Falls.  If you are from Jefferson County area and are still interested in taking this class, please contact me.  It is possible another one will be taught at the shop on a Thursday evening or Saturday morning. 


January 11th - Quilt Therapy Day.  We are getting lots of inquiries about this demonstration.  It requires a jelly roll and background fabric.  The cost is $5.00 and if you want to participate, please sign up now.  What a fun way to spend a winter day, with good friends and good food.  We can hardly wait!!! 

January 28th - Olie & Evie will be demonstrating at the Shelley Library Quilt Show at 5:30 p.m.   We have a new ruler to demonstrate using 2 1/2" and 1 1/2" strips, and will again be demonstrating the spectacular method for jelly rolls that looks like you spent hours piecing.  Also, we will have some samples to show you some different finishing methods.

We also have some great news to ring in the year 2014 -- life changing news -- both for us and our wonderful customers ... so, stay tuned because December will be gone before you know it. 
... I am going back to my quilting machine now! ;o) 

Evie



No comments:

Post a Comment