Pinterest

]

Thursday, May 30, 2013

May Finishes

Despite all the happenings going on around here at Olie & Evie, I was able to get a few personal projects finished for Olie and myself this month.  Thought you folks might like to see a few photos of some fun projects we completed! 

I have had Olie's quilt at my house for months (well since Christmas 2012) she pieced from Countdown to Christmas by Sweetwater using the pattern "a la mode" by Thimble Blossoms.  So with the weather here in Idaho being so bleak and feeling a lot like winter weather I quilted it up.  Pretty darn cute and Olie will be all ready for Christmas. 




Here's another finish using the fabric Mama Said Sew -- another Sweetwater fabric line.  (Don't worry, we have them all and more to come)!  The pattern used was from Carolina Patchworks called "Sweet Garden." This isn't Olie's personal favorite, but I am loving it -- so it had a personal invitation to stay at my house and accepted!!! I'm so lucky -- thanks Olie ;o)



Olie made this sweet little table runner for her mother-in-law from a fabric line called "Grandmother's House."  She used a charm pack and added a little border.  No pattern, just something we came up for our beginning quilting class.  It is definitely going to be cherished at her mother-in-law's house.  I experimented with a darker color thread on the cream border -- not sure about it but Olie is good about letting me experiment and she liked it just fine. 




Lastly, we made another quilt from Snap Pop by Sandy Gervais using our very own pattern "Oh My Hex!"  It's just as bright and fun as the green one featured on the cover of our pattern.  Both are pictured here . . .



Hope you enjoyed viewing them as much as we enjoyed making them!

Olie & Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment