Pinterest

]

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Nifty Notion - June

This month's Nifty Notion is the Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star Ruler.  I always try to feature a product that I stock in my shop -- this one isn't in yet, but I will be carrying it soon ;o)  The ruler is amazing!!!  You can make lots of star points in no time at all and piece your blocks together without having to use a "y" seam.  


You simply sew strips together, cut them with a 45 degree angle ruler, use the ruler to trim them, and sew the star points together as shown into squares, sew the squares together, and trim again.



My blocks are a work in progress and the quilt won't be completed for a while.  I am using a variety of scraps from a few different fabric lines by Bonnie & Camille.  I want to add some pieces from their new line "Miss Kate" coming out in August -- it will be a bit "scrappy" which I love! 




The blocks will be sewn together with sashing pieces and posts in between them. The ruler has very clear instructions for stars in a variety of sizes, and also includes a free pattern.  Below is an example of the free pattern and various size stars. 


 
 Here is another photo for your viewing pleasure, this particular quilt is made using 30's reproduction fabrics. 


I'd better get back to sewing now ... lots to do and not enough time! 

Evie ~

No comments:

Post a Comment