Pinterest

]

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Blogs I Follow and Technology

So I have been trying to do some updates to my blog and can I just say "technology and I don't mix".  I love to share what's new and what I am working on, but in the course of making changes to the blog I lost a bit of valuable information.  I have been adding a label called "Blogs I Follow" which I had an was working on, but I deleted it!  Yep -- just one little click of a button that I didn't mean to click on and it was all gone ;o(  I shed a few tears, threw my laptop on the ground (just kidding) and am starting over. 

You might be asking -- why does this matter?  Well, the reason is, the Blogs I Follow are links to many of the blogs that I stalk get much of my inspiration from.  These ladies are AMAZING designers.  They create beautiful fabrics and patterns.  So, when it comes time for me to order fabric for my shop, I look to see what new designs they have created and what projects they are working on.  From what little I have been teaching and selling, quilt kits seem like a path I want to head in for my shop.  WHY -- well it's because you get your fabric all in one stash for your project.  If you shop online you don't have to worry about buying a fat quarter here and there or background somewhere else, it will all come together in one neat little pile with the pattern!  Take a deep breath I will still be carrying yardage and precuts too. 

International Quilt Market was last week in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  I was not able to attend, however, here are just a few of the fabrics and patterns introduced that I will be carrying in the shop this coming fall.


Vintage by Sherri McConnell
Fabric - Collections for a Cause by Moda
Morning Glory by Allison Harris of Cluck Cluck Sew
Fabric - Oh Clementine (designed by Allison Harris)
 

Apple Jack by Allison Harris
Fabric - Oh Clementine (designed by Allison Harris)



I love this new line by Basic Grey. 
I will have at least 2 quilts kits available in this line --
and it's a great "GUY" quilt.


And this fabric paired with a contemporary quilt design is gorgeous.
I promise when I can find a photo to share made from this fabric you will fall in love! 
I have many more to come, including a kit I am working on right now from Amy Hamberlin's fabric Sweet Harmony paired with a Tiny Seamstress Designs pattern -- it's going to be adorable!  (My favorite part of this is that both of these wonderful talented ladies live in my hometown of Rigby, Idaho!

Sew -- bear with me as I attempt to get my blog updated -- you can click on the link to the Blogs I Follow and see many of these quilts (AND MORE!) and be inspired with me.  Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend.

Evie~

No comments:

Post a Comment