Pinterest

]

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

More scrappy trip quilts


I don't think I will ever get tired of seeing scrappy trip quilts (either sewing on one or quilting one for a customer).  Each one is unique in its own way.  I just finished quilting two of them for customers this week.  
 
Kathy wanted hers quilted with straight lines both vertically and horizontally. 
Mission accomplished! 


The piano key border Kathy added to her quilt is adorable.



She used the small leaf yardage by Adorn It for her back.
The lines looked really neat and added texture. 
 
 
Louise let me have free reign to the quilting on hers so I chose
an orange peel design.  Love it!
\
 
It amazes me what quilting can add to these quilts.  Louise also used a backing
fabric the Chamberry line by Adorn It.
 
As a reminder, if you have not made one of these yet and would like to do so,
we have lots and lots of fabric strips already cut and ready to sew together. 
The cost is $2.00 per set and a finished block is 12".  Come by the shop and we will be happy to show you this technique!
 
On another note -- are you Idaho readers loving the snow??  It's coat and glove season now, but I would prefer to stay inside wrapped in a quilt. 
 
~Evie~
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment